Monday, January 28, 2019

My Spirit Animal

Rusty Spotted Cat
There are 40 species of cats in the world. How many can you name off the top of your head? You can probably get the bigger cats like the lion, tiger, leopard, jaguar, cheetah, and cougar. You might even recall the bobcat and lynx. For those of you who really love wild cats, perhaps you even remembered the snow leopard, serval, ocelot, and maybe even the caracal.  But that's only 12, just 28 more to go! One of the cats missing from this list is the rusty spotted cat.

While I was in college, all my friends were convinced the rusty spotted cat was my spirit animal. My friends enjoyed pointing out that like the rusty spotted cat I am a very small person (the smallest in our class). I suppose this is fitting because the rusty spotted cat is one of the smallest of all the wild cats, weighing only 3 pounds! Another similarity I share with this tiny little feline is my red hair. As the name suggests, rusty spotted cats have red colored spots as opposed to the typical black pattern of a cheetah or rosetted pattern of a leopard or jaguar.

 Aside from my looks, my classmates claim that my behavior also reflects my spirit animal. On one particular day I impressed my class when we were out catching... er I mean sampling, fish for a research assignment. I caught so many fish with just a net even my teacher was surprised. My classmates said it was my rusty spotted cat shining through. So there you have it folks I am a rusty spotted cat through and through. Now I just have one question. What is your spirit animal?

Like the rest of  my WCN 2018 Fall collection the Rusty Spotted Cat has been sold. But check out my Shop Painting page to see what other animals are available or make a request of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stand Tall

Adelie Penguin ~ Angelwings WCN Fall 2019 Collection There are 18 species of penguins living in Antarctica. Of these species, the Adeli...