Friday, February 15, 2019

Fear Not, When the Sun Goes Down the Stars Come Out

At one point in my life, I was afraid of the dark. I was afraid until I noticed the stars. On a clear night in summer I chanced a glance up when I was hurrying home from the barn. Normally I was in a huge rush to get back to the safety of the light but this time I stopped in my tracks. Somehow I had never noticed how pretty the stars were. Soon after this experience I discovered constellations and there was nothing so exciting. I searched the sky to find Leo the lion, Orion, and my favorite the Big Dipper. Even when I was living all the way across the world in Africa, I could still look up and find my constellations. 
To transfer my love of the night sky into my artwork I started creating candle votives. When creating candle votives, what better constellations to use than the zodiac signs?

Aries Candle Votive



Pisces Candle Votive
I hope you enjoy my little creations and that they can bring a little light into the dark. That is what the stars have done for me. Always remember, when you find yourself afraid, look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stand Tall

Adelie Penguin ~ Angelwings WCN Fall 2019 Collection There are 18 species of penguins living in Antarctica. Of these species, the Adeli...