Sunday, April 14, 2019

Magical Media Magi

Sometimes you here stories of fans that got to live the dream. I think of Evanna Lynch. Evanna was a devout Harry Potter Fan until the day she became part of the universe. Producer David Heyman said, "The others could play Luna; Evanna Lynch is Luna." I, like Evanna, grew up loving the Harry Potter Series and though the movies are over the story continues in the hearts of us Harry Potter enthusiasts. Last week, in my own little way, I got to take a walk in a new chapter of my Harry Potter universe.

Last week the Wonderful Weekend of Wizardry offered me a position as the branding lead.We promptly renamed my position to the "Magical Media Magi".  I was so excited to get started. And while the Weekend of Wizardry isn't affiliated with Warner Bros or Harry Potter we love the series and draw inspiration from it for our fan based events. That is close enough for me.

I have already started my journey sketching logos and ideas for next year's big event. From owls, to mystical beings the sketching has begun! I am so happy to have found my place in the fantastical world we will be creating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stand Tall

Adelie Penguin ~ Angelwings WCN Fall 2019 Collection There are 18 species of penguins living in Antarctica. Of these species, the Adeli...