Thursday, February 28, 2019

My Dog is a Genius


Aspyn and I 
My dog, Aspyn, is a genius. I don’t mean she is an obedience whiz. At our first competition we earned 22 out of 200 points. But getting a good score wasn’t her objective. She just wanted to make people smile. She certainly accomplished that goal! I mean Aspyn knows exactly what she wants and more importantly how to get it. After all isn’t that what the most successful people do too?

At the Beach 

 Her favorite activity in the world is running and more specifically running competitively whether that be a race or a chase. More often than not it is a chase and this is where the “genius” part comes into play. When people come over to our house, she can accurately predict who will most likely allow her to slip by and escape to the great outdoors. She never tries it with me because she knows I am one of the few who can catch her. But my aunt... that is a different story indeed. On one particular occasion, we were on a family vacation at the beach in our RV.  In the morning, my aunt let Aspyn slip by and before you could say, “the race is on,” I had vaulted the kitchen table and was out the door after my dog. Aspyn raced the neighborhood deer and won. She outran me and I finally jumped on my bike to try and catch up. Dad baracaded the entryway to the island with his truck and eventually Aspyn was cornered. But this was not the end. The very next day Aspyn did it again. It was way too much fun to only play chase once!  After catching her once again I needed a good break so I went to the clubhouse for a nice swim. While I was gone my aunt let Aspyn escape for the third time. Only this time I wasn’t there to catch her. As you can see my clever pup knows how to play the game and usually I end up playing along. Instead of playing chase I’ve start training her to run canicross with me. It’s been a grand adventure but with all that running we both get very hungry.

I have been experimenting with different bowl styles on my pottery wheel and this is the one Aspyn has selected for dogs. I decided that since she is a genius she must be right. We are both very please to be sharing it with you today.

Dog Bowl: $10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stand Tall

Adelie Penguin ~ Angelwings WCN Fall 2019 Collection There are 18 species of penguins living in Antarctica. Of these species, the Adeli...